Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Hello from St. Louis Area

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Long story here...I'll tell it sometime. For now, I'll just introduce myself. Roger, late 50's, live in the St. Louis area, entertaining retirement in about 5 years. Previous owner of Prius, Volt, ELR, and many other ICE vehicles (probably 30+ over the course of my life). I used to build / race Miatas in the SCCA...I've driven tiny little sports cars, ginormous pickups, luxury cars, clunkers, you name it. I've wanted to go full EV for a very long time...and here we are!

I decided very recently that it was time. After much research (on Tesla and non-Tesla), I decided to purchase a gently used 2021 Model Y Performance. Even with the decrease in price of new Model Y's, I decided to go used...and so far, I've been very happy. The vehicle has 16k miles. One issue is that EVERY wheel has minor curb rash. All wheels have been repaired to an extent, e.g. you can't SEE that there was ever any curb rash but when you run your finger around the circumference of the wheel you can certainly tell there was curb rash...which with the Performance wheels, I really sort of expected that. The ONLY other problem is cosmetic. Something in the previous owners garage must've fallen from the wall and scraped a giant scratch on the drivers side glass pillar between the front and back doors. Some of the scratch is in the little circle where the camera is, but most of it is outside of that area...everything is functional, it's just cosmetic. I will be seeing what I can do to have that repaired. Aside from that, the car is flawless. White on White.

I want to tint the front windows, and get some good floor mats. I'd also like to get a new charger. My old Clipper Creek that I used with my Volt and ELR has seen better days. The little clip that clipped it in place while charging broke off so while it still works it CAN become disengaged if bumped...especially when one adds the extra little Tesla charging adapter. I think I'll likely go with the Tesla wall charger over the mobile charger...but no huge rush on that, I'll wait till spring when it's more pleasant to work in the garage.

Anyway, that's it. I look forward to making some new friends here and learning more about Tesla ownership. Thanks!

Greetings Roger - you certainly carry a lot of automotive experience in that introduction and seems you have landed on your next endeavor with the MYP. It is certainly a mindgame to notice the body parts of the car anymore with my eyes always drawn to the wheels now...how we're trained to always talk about that issue.

Good luck on the tinting, floor mat and charger hunt!