Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Help a potential new MYLR understand [why I cant get promo apr applied to existing order]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I kind of had this issue. Accidentally ordered black interior, meant to select white. Couldn't get a human on the phone literally for days...say screw it, canceled the order, ate the $250 and just placed the order for the right car/combo/color...picked it up the next day...oh well.

I kind of had this issue. Accidentally ordered black interior, meant to select white. Couldn't get a human on the phone literally for days...say screw it, canceled the order, ate the $250 and just placed the order for the right car/combo/color...picked it up the next day...oh well.
I was hooked up. Made a second order, they credited the additional $250, have same value for the truck, and pick it up next weekend. Even had time to get the charger installed, setup ceramic tint, grab floor mats, black wheels, and a screen protector… plus 0.9%. Can’t wait.

They dropped the value of my trade by 3k 18 hrs before pickup. Market conditions within the last 30 days. Oh well. I paid cash to keep a ridiculous low payment. Given I've saved at least 100$ in gas, I'm over it.

They dropped the value of my trade by 3k 18 hrs before pickup. Market conditions within the last 30 days. Oh well. I paid cash to keep a ridiculous low payment. Given I've saved at least 100$ in gas, I'm over it.
They did that to me, but it was a week before. I had time to sell it through KBB for more than Tesla's initial offer. If I ever purchase another one, I will be sure to avoid the trade-in process.

Reactions: Tierhog
Funny, I was reading thru this thread from day one. On the 13th when you mentioned about moving on being a spoiled Lexus customer, I knew they had you and was looking forward to page two to ultimately find out how things worked out. Low & behold you caved to the shiny, nice, new vehicle. Nothing wrong with this, hey your a guy that started nibbling on that worm and weren't going to be defeated. In reading through this and many other threads as much as John Q Normal Guy bitches and complains, what is nice about Tesla's policies for the most part is their consistency, with very few having the ability to make any changes. They're the first to eliminate a sales staff as we know it and sell entirely online. This was probably the only way such boldness would be successful rather than having thousands making decisions based on their individual interpretation.

Funny, I was reading thru this thread from day one. On the 13th when you mentioned about moving on being a spoiled Lexus customer, I knew they had you and was looking forward to page two to ultimately find out how things worked out. Low & behold you caved to the shiny, nice, new vehicle. Nothing wrong with this, hey your a guy that started nibbling on that worm and weren't going to be defeated. In reading through this and many other threads as much as John Q Normal Guy bitches and complains, what is nice about Tesla's policies for the most part is their consistency, with very few having the ability to make any changes. They're the first to eliminate a sales staff as we know it and sell entirely online. This was probably the only way such boldness would be successful rather than having thousands making decisions based on their individual interpretation.
I would have preferred a Lexus approach for sure. I could have had a brand new car there too… (We have an LC) what caused the constant nibble was the test drive and completely different approach to driving… or not in the case of FSD. I can’t say for certain where they had me… maybe post test drive and financing 15k at 0.99 for 7 years? The car sold itself… I’m not looking forward to any services however. I paid more for the LC. Always get a loaner LS or LC and have a full breakfast or lunch at the dealership… Plus they have local dealerships… IDK… I guess if I paid 2022 prices I’d be annoyed.. maybe. Maybe not 😆

Attachments

• IMG_2388.jpeg
    IMG_2388.jpeg
    692.7 KB · Views: 8
  • Love
Reactions: Honda Convert
I would have preferred a Lexus approach for sure. I could have had a brand new car there too… (We have an LC) what caused the constant nibble was the test drive and completely different approach to driving… or not in the case of FSD. I can’t say for certain where they had me… maybe post test drive and financing 15k at 0.99 for 7 years? The car sold itself… I’m not looking forward to any services however. I paid more for the LC. Always get a loaner LS or LC and have a full breakfast or lunch at the dealership… Plus they have local dealerships… IDK… I guess if I paid 2022 prices I’d be annoyed.. maybe. Maybe not 😆
The Lexus LC is quite appealing, that's for sure!!