Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

HELP! Buy new M3 SR+ Or used LR AWD

WHICH MODEL 3?

• New SR+

Votes: 9 20.5%
  • Used LR AWD W/ Acc boost

Votes: 35 79.5%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If it's actually only $3-5k more then the AWD performance boost is a no brainer. In my city the difference is more like $15k. Depending on the AMG you're coming from the SR+ is plenty of oomph (I used to work and MB and have driven pretty much everything). Unless you had an E63s or something monstrously powerful in the 63 lineup then the SR+ is probably fast enough, at least 0-100. But for so cheap, just go used and get the better model. The SR+ sound system is also lacking since it's essentially the premium sound system with the sub and half the rear sound stage gone. It was the first big thing I had to upgrade in my SR+

Yea I got a pretty good deal. Im coming from a 2018 tuned C43 AMG, which was mighty quick 0-60 3.5, quicker than stock 63's. But this Tesla flys on roll races thanks to no transmission or turbo lag. I also had terrible speakers in my Mercedes, go figure. The Tesla SR+ speakers In my test drive vehicle are still significantly better than what I had. so im very pleased with the LR speakers

Reactions: AdamMacDon and Mr X
Yea I got a pretty good deal. Im coming from a 2018 tuned C43 AMG, which was mighty quick 0-60 3.5, quicker than stock 63's. But this Tesla flys on roll races thanks to no transmission or turbo lag. I also had terrible speakers in my Mercedes, go figure. The Tesla SR+ speakers In my test drive vehicle are still significantly better than what I had. so im very pleased with the LR speakers
Yeah the C43 amped up is quick as heck, although I suspect this is mostly due to the 4matic+. If you compare against even a stock E63s, my buddy's tuned C43 pushing 550hp can't really keep up, especially in the top end. And the E-class is a bit chunkier too. But the performance model Tesla's pull HARD in rolls from 20-30, not many production cars have that kind of instant punch, even if it is a bit weird to have it in mostly silence.

As for the sound system, it's really hard to beat the Model 3's sound system (as long as it's not the neutered one in the SR+). It's supposedly a Bang and Olufson sound system, which sounds great in the E and S class, but costs a whopping $4500 for the option, if I recall right. I don't think it's even an option for the C-class, and honestly I find even the premium option is kind of too bass heavy and muddy.

Anyhow congrats on the buy, sounds like a steal of a deal, and it's a crazy fun car. Plus the best part is the fact that you can get around for a fraction the price of a Honda Civic while being able to pull on 95% of cars on the road, hah!

Yeah the C43 amped up is quick as heck, although I suspect this is mostly due to the 4matic+. If you compare against even a stock E63s, my buddy's tuned C43 pushing 550hp can't really keep up, especially in the top end. And the E-class is a bit chunkier too. But the performance model Tesla's pull HARD in rolls from 20-30, not many production cars have that kind of instant punch, even if it is a bit weird to have it in mostly silence.

As for the sound system, it's really hard to beat the Model 3's sound system (as long as it's not the neutered one in the SR+). It's supposedly a Bang and Olufson sound system, which sounds great in the E and S class, but costs a whopping $4500 for the option, if I recall right. I don't think it's even an option for the C-class, and honestly I find even the premium option is kind of too bass heavy and muddy.

Anyhow congrats on the buy, sounds like a steal of a deal, and it's a crazy fun car. Plus the best part is the fact that you can get around for a fraction the price of a Honda Civic while being able to pull on 95% of cars on the road, hah!

Exactly. I know its a good purchase when my friends say they feel nauseous after accelerating. Auto pilot is also much better than I expected. Im on an old software update, I believe 2020.16.1 or something of that sort. So I'm not too sure what else im missing out on. I can't really update the car since I don't have wifi connection to my outdoor parking. Anyways, like I said My C-class had the worst speakers I've heard in my life. In a roll race, its pretty brutal. I think if I upgrade to eibach springs and better summer performance tires it'll handle a bit better in the canyons. I took it to some canyons last night, did pretty good. It's weird to say that it might be too fast for canyons.

Reactions: AdamMacDon
Exactly. I know its a good purchase when my friends say they feel nauseous after accelerating. Auto pilot is also much better than I expected. Im on an old software update, I believe 2020.16.1 or something of that sort. So I'm not too sure what else im missing out on. I can't really update the car since I don't have wifi connection to my outdoor parking. Anyways, like I said My C-class had the worst speakers I've heard in my life. In a roll race, its pretty brutal. I think if I upgrade to eibach springs and better summer performance tires it'll handle a bit better in the canyons. I took it to some canyons last night, did pretty good. It's weird to say that it might be too fast for canyons.
For updates I usually just mobile hotspot my phone, it's usually only 1-2GB of data, so once a month doesn't really affect my bill. You can download while you drive, just make sure to connect AFTER you put the car into drive. For some reason, changing into drive/reverse turns wifi off, but you can turn it back on by tapping the icon in the top right. That being said, the last 4 months of updates have been fairly uneventful, the biggest feature for Model 3's you may not have is the side view cameras when in reverse, and traffic light/line recognition got a lot better in the past few months.

But yeah the AWD models are almost too fast in some more windy roads, you can easily get in trouble if you aren't careful haha. Also your passengers may hate you if you drive like me :D