Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Help finding source of odd abrupt sound in front left of my 2019 Model 3

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Last week I was exiting my neighborhood and making a gentle right hand turn with gentle acceleration - basically what I do every day. But on that day, I heard an abrupt, odd sound that I think came from the front - left area of the car. Not metal on metal, I really thought I'd had a front left tire blowout.

The car was driving fine but I immediately pulled into a side street while checking my rear view mirror. Nothing in the road, and an inspection of the car yielded no obvious source of the noise. Tire was fine. So I drove on to work with caution, taking a low-speed route.

That night I put the front/left of the car on a jackstand and removed the front left tire to have a look. Nothing obvious. There are apparent tears in the rubber of the compression rod bushings but otherwise they looked fine. So I put the tire back on and I've been driving very cautiously since.

I'm wondering if there was some built-up twist-tension in the spring on the strut that "popped" and moved to the position that it "wanted to be in".

Also thinking maybe some tension in the battery mount in that area popped and let loose? I'm pretty sure my battery "pops" when the car flexes when entering steep driveways at an caddy-wonk angle; the sound is similar to the noises during supercharging.

Thanks in advance for any and all suggestions.