Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Help me decide between 2 configurations

Which option?

Votes: 4 36.4%

Votes: 6 54.5%
  • See condition of first delivered, only canceling other order after first is deemed acceptable

Votes: 1 9.1%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
1. Blue/White/Performance/PUP/Tow Bar: $63,990 (ordered 06/04/2020)
2. Black/Black/LRAWD/FSD/Inductions/Tow Bar: $63,990 (ordered 06/15/2020)

Despite being ordered 2 days ago, #2 has already received a VIN (17xxx). I live where summer tires can't be used half of the year. I referred myself for #2, so I'd partially make back the lost $100 on #1.

1. Blue/White/Performance/PUP/Tow Bar: $63,990 (ordered 06/04/2020)
2. Black/Black/LRAWD/FSD/Inductions/Tow Bar: $63,990 (ordered 06/15/2020)

Despite being ordered 2 days ago, #2 has already received a VIN (17xxx). I live where summer tires can't be used half of the year. I referred myself for #2, so I'd partially make back the lost $100 on #1.

Oh boy! a tough one. here's why at least to me...

#1. Has PUP which I believe they will improve on range.
#2. Has FSD which is the future though not available today.

thinking aloud, I would go for #2 but with your third option of making sure the car is as perfect as possible before canceling the other one.

BTW, all my cars have been black and this is the first time I chose white...

Reactions: LevelHeaded
I was ready to order Blue back in March, and while driving home from work I just happened to be passed by a blue M3. I didn't like the color at all (though it was in the evening) - as it looked nothing like it did on the website. I changed to white when I got home.
I think the argument I've seen on Performance vs FSD - FSD can be added later, even though it may be more expensive. Performance cannot. Tesla may offer a boost but it will never get to the level offered by Performance. I went with Performance myself ...

Reactions: AhwatukeeDad
I think the blue is gorgeous and really changes color based on the light. With white seats, it shines. That would have been my second choice (I went with white/white).

I would skip the FSD because I'm not sure you'll ever be able to trust it. IMO, if you've got to constantly be monitoring it, you might as well be driving. That said, you can always add it later if you think you'll use it. IDK if they still give trials of the software, but I had two trials in my M3 and was underwhelmed both times.

I was ready to order Blue back in March, and while driving home from work I just happened to be passed by a blue M3. I didn't like the color at all (though it was in the evening) - as it looked nothing like it did on the website. I changed to white when I got home.
I think the argument I've seen on Performance vs FSD - FSD can be added later, even though it may be more expensive. Performance cannot. Tesla may offer a boost but it will never get to the level offered by Performance. I went with Performance myself ...
This was my story exactly, when I switched from Blue to White.