Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Help me get this security bug fixed. Copy, Paste, and email support.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Tesla,

Please address this security bug on the Model 3.
If the alarm is going off, don’t allow access to the trunk, frunk, glove box or garage door via the display.

Try it yourself.

1. Roll down any front window. Kill Bluetooth on nearby phones paired to the car.

2. Lock car with key card.

3. Wait two minutes for car to arm.

4. Reach in an open front window and open door using a button inside the door. The alarm will sound when the door opens. This is the action that mimics smashing a window and reaching in to open a door.

5. The Model 3's screen will be active — open the frunk or trunk and glovebox and garage door.

Thanks,

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[email protected]

Maybe include the last 6 of your VIN #. They asked me for it when I called.

Last edited:
What good would that do since they can just lower the rear seats backs to get to everything in the trunk?

Ya.... But it’s more obvious if you do that. Less obvious if you just open the trunk. Plus in my case I have a car seat base buckled pretty tight they can’t easily fold down the seat.

But why not? It should lock the trunk. Valet should have no need to access my trunk.

Tesla,

If the alarm is going off, don’t allow access to the trunk, frunk, glove box or garage door via the display.

Try it yourself.

1. Roll down any front window. Kill Bluetooth on nearby phones paired to the car.

4. Reach in an open front window and open door using a button inside the door. The alarm will sound when the door opens. This is the action that mimics smashing a window and reaching in to open a door.

5. The Model 3's screen will be active — open the frunk or trunk and glovebox and garage door.

Thanks,

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[email protected]

Maybe include the last 6 of your VIN #. They asked me for it when I called.

Done!

What good would that do since they can just lower the rear seats backs to get to everything in the trunk?

Don't let them have it easy. It's all about the smash and grab. Make them work for it!

Tesla,

1. Roll down any front window. Kill Bluetooth on nearby phones paired to the car. (turn off phone)

Thanks,
<yourname>

Don't let them have it easy. It's all about the smash and grab. Make them work for it!

But that had nothing to do with a smash and grab. It had to do with preventing a valet from accessing what is in the trunk while they are in possession of the car. Sure it might slow them down but not much, and the alarm wouldn't be going off since they have the card/fob to unlock the vehicle.

But that had nothing to do with a smash and grab. It had to do with preventing a valet from accessing what is in the trunk while they are in possession of the car. Sure it might slow them down but not much, and the alarm wouldn't be going off since they have the card/fob to unlock the vehicle.
Sure it does, if you have the seat locks on your rear seats they have to pop the trunk and frunk with the touchscreen to access them, which this fix wold prevent. Or crow bar them I guess.