Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Help, need to pull 12v battery asap

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am currently on hold with Tesla roadside. My Model 3 is in an attached garage (bedrooms above garage) and smelling like rotten eggs.

Opened the rear door for my son not realizing the smell was coming from the car and the door wouldn't latch. Pretty quickly realized it was acting like 12v system is weak (windows weak, etc.). Car is not responsive but had 200 miles range yesterday. Tried rebooting, etc.

Anyway, car continues to gas / vent the 12v batter ... I tried to use the emergency release via 12v leads but because the battery is not completely disconnected it won't pop the hood.

I don't want to leave the car in the garage off gasing and potentially causing other problems ... If you have advice on how to get access to and disconnect the 12v battery please share.

Or putting in neutral and pushing would also be helpful (currently in park), unplugged.

Thank you!

Car woke up and I was able to pull it out of the garage, with a dozen or so errors. Would delete this thread if I could.

Will turn on sentry tonight so HV doesn't disconnect and leave the hood popped for access to the battery tomorrow.

Glad you found a solution.
upload_2020-8-3_22-17-32.jpeg