Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Dead 12V Battery Issue - Frunk doesn’t open

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I tried opening the handle, the screen stayed off.

When I left the car it was at 85% charge.

As for the sounds, I didn’t hear any sound with the battery, so I tried a new 12V battery, same issue. Then I brought another car while it’s on and used the cables and same thing.

I brought a voltmeter and set it to DC voltage, it only showed -0.06V. So I tried the 9V battery again thinking the cables are switched. To no success.
What is the voltage on your 12V battery and on the 9V? This is just to ensure the batteries you are trying have power. I remember reading some one bought what they thought was a new 12V and it actually was out of charge. The leads to the frunk should have no voltage through them when you measure, given they only are used to actuate the latch, they don't connect to the car's power.

I tried opening the handle, the screen stayed off.

When I left the car it was at 85% charge.

As for the sounds, I didn’t hear any sound with the battery, so I tried a new 12V battery, same issue. Then I brought another car while it’s on and used the cables and same thing.

I brought a voltmeter and set it to DC voltage, it only showed -0.06V. So I tried the 9V battery again thinking the cables are switched. To no success.
Has your car ever had any repairs done to the front end, like from an accident or something? If so, maybe whoever repaired it didn't connect the leads to the frunk opener.