Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Help with pw2 tcs setting in wizard

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello I just bought a home with a Tesla system,

My story

The wifi changed and lost pw2 connection to net . The pw2 needs some new hardware for cellular. Still awaiting parts . So with the help from a pw tech we accessed the wizard from my tablet and here is the problem.

Problem ...

The wizard didn't know or auto populate the 4 tcs sensors .. so we left it as is .. my battery is still in park mode.. lol .. 2 months of Tesla phone calls and here I am .. is it possible to remove my panel covers on my old main and or new to see these couplers and right down the Id and location .

If I do what order are they entered? There is drop down menu choices.. Main, solar, battery,draw is this a good guess ..

Any knowledgeable help would be appreciated.. I have only found screen shots of the wizard around the web but nothing showing how to diy the tcs .

Thanks again for your help
Todd

I assume you mean "CTs," (current transformers) not "tcs."

I don't know if it varies from installation to installation, but here's how they configured the CTs for mine:
upload_2018-6-30_8-49-37-png.313518

You should be able to figure out what is what based on the current flows and knowing whether your solar is producing or not. Try turning loads on and off in your house to find the ones that are measuring site current.

Edit: I just realized you're in the UK, so it's quite likely your CTs are hooked up differently since you don't have split-phase service like we do. You might be able to look at your electric panel and just find where they are to understand what they are measuring.

My PW2 (in UK) is measuring:
1. Mains power
2. Household power
3. Solar power
4. Battery power (not sure if this needs a CT or is built in to the battery)

Regarding the lost internet connection, my installer opted to use a pair of powerline adapters so that the gateway could have a wired LAN connection and thus sidestep any WiFi headaches.

I'm in the USA .. at the meters page it says unable to read meter in red .. detect meters doesn't work..
On the continue screen. I get the current transformers page ..

It says meter 1

Then 4 cts drop down all with no reading .

On the 4 drop down choices are site solar and load and none .. I will pull my panel covers and inspect more ..

Thanks again for your help .

I believe the meter is the Neurio that's in the Gateway box. If the Gateway can't talk to the Neurio, that would explain why the CTs aren't showing anything. It sounds like there's something more basic not working in your system than just the Wifi switch could explain.

I
I believe the meter is the Neurio that's in the Gateway box. If the Gateway can't talk to the Neurio, that would explain why the CTs aren't showing anything. It sounds like there's something more basic not working in your system than just the Wifi switch could explain.
Think your right .. does this gateway neurio self install into the wizard or do I need to enter some id number or something to get it recognized..

I spoke with another tier one pw2 tech today and he confirmed my early version of pw2 has some known hardware issues that cause it to be parked when it lost its old wifi .. now the gateway is not communicating with the main sensor you speak of ..neurio ..

Hope they can get to me soon