Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Should I upgrade to 6 Powerwalls?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
New to Powerwall here, but not new to solar. I have a system that just received PTO for the Powerwall today, and my next question was with regards to the SGIP rebate. I was curious about exporting to grid during peak, and the only reference I found is that they actually REQUIRE you to export to grid 52 full cycles per year (essentially once per week). I could find any "limitations". I'm also still trying to figure out if the SGIP rebate will exclude me from VPP participation.

View attachment 1031956

Any guidance in this area would be appreciated,

Exporting 52 cycles per year is very easy, and in 6 years I've never had anyone check (I'm now past the 5 year point, so they can't come after the funds). I'm also in VPP, and I have not ready any exclusions for VPP. In fact, VPP would help you meet your export requirements.

Exporting 52 cycles per year is very easy, and in 6 years I've never had anyone check (I'm now past the 5 year point, so they can't come after the funds). I'm also in VPP, and I have not ready any exclusions for VPP. In fact, VPP would help you meet your export requirements.
Quick question around SCE and the VPP. I just received the VPP invition but it asked for my SDG&E account number. I just provided my SCE account #, but it may get rejected since they didn't have me in the right utility.

My real question is this: Do you still get energy export credits from SCE (NEM 2.0) based on the TOU rate schedule during VPP events? Or do they somehow nullify them out?