Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Hey Neysayers

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Lets imagine we're in the early 1900s, there are no paved roads, no gas stations, and you've just been introduced to the Model T. What do you think? It sure is difficult to travel as far as you can by horse and buggy. Food for the horse is everywhere and the bumpy roads aren't a problem. So, do you dismiss the T as a folly? Many did. Some recognized it for not merely what it was (which by existing standards was pretty slick), but what it could be. So, when the next revolution in transportation begins, will you recognize it?

Lets imagine we're in the early 1900s, there are no paved roads, no gas stations, and you've just been introduced to the Model T. What do you think? It sure is difficult to travel as far as you can by horse and buggy. Food for the horse is everywhere and the bumpy roads aren't a problem. So, do you dismiss the T as a folly? Many did. Some recognized it for not merely what it was (which by existing standards was pretty slick), but what it could be. So, when the next revolution in transportation begins, will you recognize it?

Haha that's a great point Alfafoxtrot1! I'm also getting sick of anti-EV FUD. It's a friggin dirty game the ev-haters are playing.
You gotta stay sharp :)

Innovators, and then early adopters deal with this all the time. It's hard to not "go there" with EV haters/bashers. However, a lot of them will never be convinced or swayed. In ten years you'll meet them and they'll be getting the next big thing. Something that clearly is standing on the Roadster, and Model S shoulders. They'll act as if they thought of it. It's just the way the process seems to work. When I meet the ones who just bash and wont even come an inch towards me; I just smile and say "drive the car, then come talk to me."