TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Hi from Fontana CA

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by TWoodstream, Jul 5, 2018.

1. TWoodstream

TWoodstream New Member

Hi there,

I don't have a Tesla yet but I'm considering the Model 3. I also work for an aftermarket auto accessory company and enjoy working in this industry.

Switching from ICE to EV is something I would like to do since my commute from my home to Fontana and back is around 100 miles total. That and I'd like to apply for a red hov sticker to cut down on the commute time.

Anyways, looking forward to hearing from others that have similar commutes and how they manage it with their EV's.

Tony

2. K3Man

K3Man Member

Welcome, @TWoodstream!

I pulled the trigger on an X a few days ago. I'm in the same boat as you- loooong commute of about the same distance, round-trip. I can't wait until I'm doing that in the new MX.

Also, have you gone over to the "under construction" Supercharger site up on Summit yet, in the Falcon Ridge Town Center? 24 chargers in the CVS parking lot. :D

3. HelloJohnny

HelloJohnny Member

Welcome to the Tesla Forum Tony!

I'm also from Fontana/Bloomington. I recently just received my invitation and configured my M3.

Pearl White, LR, RWD, EAP, 19"
    Delivery Date: Sept '18 - Nov 18'
    Costa Mesa delivery

Super excited to get my first Tesla and electric car!

4. TWoodstream

TWoodstream New Member

Sweet, what did you choose for the seating configuration?

It's been two years since I've stopped by Falcon Ridge and it was for gas, I'll have to check it out.

5. TWoodstream

TWoodstream New Member

Hey, grats on getting your M3 in a few months. Did you have to get level 2 charging installed at your place?

6. K3Man

K3Man Member

Five seat. We're planning on using this for road-trips, so lots of cargo space was one of our points of interest.

Check the thread for the Fontana Supercharger for the pics. --> Supercharger - Fontana, CA (construction in progress, Urban style chargers)