Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

High pitch sound

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Wratran

Model S and X
Feb 17, 2019
Dallas
I’ve been having this high pitch sound run continuously for days...sound like coolant pump or a/c vent.
Is there a way to reset or unplug the battery to stop it.

the sound run non-stop even w the car power off...see video below for similar sound from another member

Last edited:
The person that posted the video you attached figured out it was normal: "... it turned out to be just my battery coolant running after a long trip. Just got the car and had been doing all short trips back and forth to the same places for working and wasn’t quite used to the sound yet. It stopped after a little while all good."

It’s definitely the coolant pump that run continuously...I pull the fuse and the pump stop.

it’s run for over a week straight now....I try leaving it unplug and go to deep sleep for a week...and the pump still run

what was the fix for this?

It’s definitely the coolant pump that run continuously...I pull the fuse and the pump stop.

it’s run for over a week straight now....I try leaving it unplug and go to deep sleep for a week...and the pump still run

what was the fix for this?
He said his stopped. If it doesn't stop, maybe there is something heating up the batteries, a sensor is bad, or the other pump is not working. In any case, sounds like Tesla may be able to remotely diagnose the issue if you open up a service ticket. Hopefully it is under warrranty.