Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Hit a dead deer in the road

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My wife hit a dead deer on the road in late Sept. We immediately found and went to a Tesla authorized repair facility to get the repairs done. This has been a less than desirable experience.
First, it has been almost a month since we went to the repair shop and only just received the correct hose for repair. How is it possible that it takes 2 weeks to get a simple $10 hose from Fremont when it is only 200 miles away?? It only took two weeks to receive a part from Germany for our 2012 Mercedes. On a different unrelated claim, we have been waiting over a month for a replacement liftgate.... this is pretty much unacceptable.
So now onto my real concerns. The hose damaged from hitting the deer runs along the front of the battery. The hose has three connectors; one on each end and one in the middle. The one in the middle was damaged and all the coolant leaked out quickly. My concern is that the corresponding connector on the front of the batter is damaged. Has anyone encountered the same damage and what were the results?
Also, since hitting the deer, we've put the car on a lift a couple of times to identify damage and needed parts. Each time, after lowering the car and preparing to drive away anomolies have arose in the electrical system.
The GPS does not work, the radio is stuttering so bad you can't listen to music, the brakes are on coast not regen, the turn signals seem to be out of timing, the cameras don't work, etc. I can reset the computer and then it seems to clear up, but since I'm not driving the car except the short trip back and forth to the repair shop, I'm not sure if the problem is persistent or recurs outside of being put on the lift. Has anyone encountered this problem, and if so what was the repair action??
Thanks in advance!