Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Hitch Receiver - 2017 X

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Need some help. Anyone experience a crooked hitch receiver (not centered) on Tesla X? I have a 2017, and finally used the hitch receiver for a 1-Up bike rack, and it looks like the hitch receiver is not straight. Discovered it when I installed the bike rack and the clearance to bumper from driver's side is up to 2 inches farther out than measured on the passenger side clearance to bumper. When I removed the bike rack, it was clear that the receiver is not centered and straight. Let me know what you think, and if someone has encountered this? Thank you.
IMG_3995.jpg
IMG_3997.jpg

Thank you Uncle Paul & mdickson for your advice. Here's the latest:

I took it to San Francisco Service Center. They agree it's crooked, and initial diagnosis is that the tow bar itself is crooked and could have been damaged somehow. I have not been in any accident nor done anything to cause the tow bar to be crooked. This is the first time I've installed the receiver out of it's Tesla box and blue plastic bag because I bought a road bike, and bike rack to get exercise during Stay at Home order in SF. Subsequent to this diagnosis, they called me again today and said they installed a new tow bar, and it's still crooked so maybe my chassis is not straight. I indicated that if it's not straight, it came from the factory that way cause I have not been in any accident with the vehicle nor have gone off roading, or anything that could have caused that. They indicated they observed no damage to the chassis but I need to take it to a body shop for inspection. So there's more to this saga...and I hope there's an easy fix otherwise this could get really complicated with Tesla, and NHTSA. Any suggestions from anyone is welcomed.