Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Home address not on map

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I cannot set our home address as ‘Home’ on the navigation system because our address is not on the system. It opts for the address across the road! We are on apple maps etc. This is really frustrating & not sure how to sort. All my home charging is thus classed as ‘Away’ on my charging stats!

Try this. When you are parked at your home in your spot, long press the triangle icon on the map where you want home to be, and save it as a favorite, or navigate to it, no matter what the location that is displayed says. This adds this location to the list of places you can reacall to save as Home. Then long press home and change it to the the location you just saved. Hopefully that works for you.

Upvote 0
I had the same problem...... because we have a summer house in RI and its on a corner the nav could not figure it out. The front door is far enough away from the garage that it would not recognize the car being " at home" when it was in the garage. So what? Well I wanted to use the "walk away feature to lock" the car, but did not want it to lock in the garage.

The answer above was how I solved it

Upvote 0
Try this. When you are parked at your home in your spot, long press the triangle icon on the map where you want home to be, and save it as a favorite, or navigate to it, no matter what the location that is displayed says. This adds this location to the list of places you can reacall to save as Home. Then long press home and change it to the the location you just saved. Hopefully that works for you.
Thank you so much, it appears to have worked! Much appreciated!

Reactions: DerbyDave
Upvote 0