Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Home Delivery from Third Party?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey all - ordered 2021 LR Black, FSD on 1/8. VIN assigned 2/6.

So i'm in a direct sale ban state (louisiana) and I have to get my car via 3rd party home delivery. My car got to the Nashville TN Branch last Saturday (9ish hours away from where I'm at). After some early week drama of my finance company not pushing the approvals back to Tesla, i've gotten funding and down payments processed and done.

Now i'm waiting for a 3rd party trucker to take the job and delivery the vehicle to me.

To anyone with previous 3rd party home delivery - how long does it typically take to get delivered once you receive confirmation of the job? 24-48 hours? A week? As i'm on week 8 since order, i'm starting to go a bit loco and considering my options to take a one-way flight to Nashville and drive the car home, hitting about 2-3 superchargers on the way. Financially it would save me a couple hundred bucks to drive it home vs. the $750 delivery. Would LOVE to get my car on or before my birthday next Thursday.

Any previous experience?

I think all at home deliveries are done by third party delivery companies, mine was. The closest pickup center to you should be the one in charge of getting the car to you and dealing with the third party delivery people. I never had to do anything. My delivery was delayed 2 days, because they were busy and the communication could be better but overall experience was ok.

Hey Badranch, I’m curious to hear how your delivery turned out? I am also signed up for home delivery but from Atlanta. The car made it to Atlanta on Tuesday but I haven’t heard a thing from the delivery company. They said 3-5 days but I’m really doubtful that will happen.

I think all at home deliveries are done by third party delivery companies, mine was. The closest pickup center to you should be the one in charge of getting the car to you and dealing with the third party delivery people. I never had to do anything. My delivery was delayed 2 days, because they were busy and the communication could be better but overall experience was ok.
Not true. Many folks are having their vehicles driven to them by service center employees and then the employee takes an Uber back to work

Bump

I am in a state without any Tesla locations and I could drive to the nearest one 3 1/2 hours away where I ordered the car from, but I do not have a lot of flexibility in my schedule and basically I can only get there every other weekend. Thinking that having a third-party delivery is going to be my best option. Even then I may not actually be able to be home for it. Has anyone had this happen and had another person such as a spouse or friend accept third party delivery for them? Interested in anyone else’s experience.