Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Home Delivery Louisiana

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Congratulations on the new car.

I had a model 3 delivered a couple of months ago in Baton Rouge and I had the same issue with no registration paperwork for about a week. My paperwork arrived on a Saturday, and I was able to get it registered at an auto title place in Louisiana (I think for only $20) extra - it took about 15 minutes with no wait, they gave me the license plate, and my title arrived in the mail about a week later. Way better than going to the DMV.

I believe the issue with temporary registration is that if you purchase a car from out of state, you are allowed to use whatever the other state uses for temporary license for xx days until you complete Louisiana registration. The problem is California did away with the window tag thing and requires temporary cardboard plates which can be read by the toll, speeding, red light camera's so Tesla no longer issues them.

There is a fairly active Tesla Owners and Dreamers group on Facebook - you might check that out for good local information.

It was delivered today and no issues noted! Now I just need to wait for the paperwork to register it!!!

Attachments

• 20190627_184903.jpg
    20190627_184903.jpg
    653.5 KB · Views: 133
Congratulations on the new car.

I had a model 3 delivered a couple of months ago in Baton Rouge and I had the same issue with no registration paperwork for about a week. My paperwork arrived on a Saturday, and I was able to get it registered at an auto title place in Louisiana (I think for only $20) extra - it took about 15 minutes with no wait, they gave me the license plate, and my title arrived in the mail about a week later. Way better than going to the DMV.

I believe the issue with temporary registration is that if you purchase a car from out of state, you are allowed to use whatever the other state uses for temporary license for xx days until you complete Louisiana registration. The problem is California did away with the window tag thing and requires temporary cardboard plates which can be read by the toll, speeding, red light camera's so Tesla no longer issues them.

There is a fairly active Tesla Owners and Dreamers group on Facebook - you might check that out for good local information.
Thank you! I can't wait to be able to really drive it.

Very sharp @Leslie88! I do like the white seats with the MSM and it looks great there in your driveway with the house. I know this is kind of silly but I was wavering between the MCR or the Pearl for mine. We have a MSM MS and park both in the driveway. Our house is brown in color and decided that the pearl white would look best parked next to our MSM at the house. I actually really love my car color and can tell you based on our MS that you'll find the MSM very forgiving with dirt and such. Also a very classy color I think. Love the little blue flecks in it.

Happy to hear delivery went well. Will be interested to hear how registration goes for you. Enjoy!

• Love
Reactions: Leslie88