Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Hoping for MY delivery in September or October, right time to order

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I would say order last week of August/first week of September and you are in good shape to get the car in the desired timeframe.

September is end of q3 and tesla has a tendency of trying to hit their production deliveries before the month closes. That said, it's the general observation but that said, it also depends on the configuration of your car as it could delay delivery.

I ordered mine 4/28 and looking at 6/7 - 6/27 timeline if that helps you. white MY LR/white interior/5 seater. no FSD or tow hitch or 20 inch wheels

hope this helps!

Hi everyone. I am hoping to take delivery of a MY LR in September or October of this year. I won’t be able to accept delivery any sooner (as if that could happen). When would be the right time to order? Thanks!
First, you should place an order now and reserve your price. All signs point to more price increases.

Second, I recommend following this thread for more info that could give you the insights you need to either place a new order or remove a hold on an order: Delivery on Hold until July.

I’m looking to take delivery in August. So if you follow my lead plus 4-6 weeks, hopefully you can hit your timing. Plus as @Mini23 said, an end of Q3 delivery of September is a lot easier to plan for than the 1st or 2nd months of a quarter. It’s just the way Tesla has been historically been operating.

You have three days to take delivery and if you can’t they move on to the next person on the list. So if it came in early you can just get yourself bumped. I was away on vacation when my MY came in and they just bumped me and I get one the following week.

You have three days to take delivery and if you can’t they move on to the next person on the list. So if it came in early you can just get yourself bumped. I was away on vacation when my MY came in and they just bumped me and I get one the following week.
Only thing is if you get that first assigned delivery early, the clock may start ticking to hold you accountable for 90 days since placing your order. You may lose the $100 if you refuse delivery a multitude of times. I’ve heard people asking to get bumped a few times with no repercussions, but I don’t know how many “bumps” Tesla is allowing nowadays. Just some food for thought.

Order now and when the advisor emails you, just tell them to hold the order until early to mid September. Keep in mind September is end of Q3 so it may be a rush. When you order, you lock in current and all future price drops but you do not get price increases. I ordered in Feb of this year when the price dropped and asked to hold the order until mid April with no problems.

Only thing is if you get that first assigned delivery early, the clock may start ticking to hold you accountable for 90 days since placing your order. You may lose the $100 if you refuse delivery a multitude of times. I’ve heard people asking to get bumped a few times with no repercussions, but I don’t know how many “bumps” Tesla is allowing nowadays. Just some food for thought.
You can always put your delivery on hold. Thats what I did after my SA advised me to since I didnt know the closing date of my house. Once the closing was finalized, I clicked the "Im Ready" button and am now waiting... patiently, sort of.