Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Buying Inventory Model Y Incredible Frustration

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi All. Decided to bite the bullet and swap my 2021 MY LR AWD for a 2023. Placed order on 12/16 for inventory vehicle. Sales advisor in Las Vegas acknowledged order and promised to walk me through Texas purchase steps.

Set pick up Time and date for 12/20, proceeded to go through pre delivery steps. Ran in to several hiccups in process and attempted to contact SA, no response from him to numerous eMail’s Text’s or phone messages. Completed most of the pre delivery tasks by 12/18. Requested a trade in offer on 12/17, am still waiting.

On 12/18 it became oblivious that having all the paperwork ready by my chosen delivery day 12/20 was not going to happen, so tried again to contact SA for advice without any success. Ended up calling the delivery center to reschedule pick up to next week. They told me that I had to take delivery within 5 days of original date ie 12/25 or I would lose reservation. I explained that at the rate things were progressing that it was unlikely all tasks would be completed by then, particularly as I still had not received a trade in offer. So ended up having to rescheduling to 12/22. As of now have still not received Trade In offer, have attempted numerous times again today to contact SA for advice but still absolutely no response. So am completely frustrated, as it of now unlikely I will have all the trade in tasks completed by the rescheduled delivery date and will loose my reservation because of the delay. How long should it take to get a Trade in offer.?

Any advice as to where to go from here, it would seem the Tesla does not want to sell this car.

Last edited: