Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How do I make the trunk open in xLights?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So I have been working on a custom light show in xLights for my 22 M3P and was wondering how do I program the trunk to open. I see the liftgate section in the sequence but whenever I set it to on, it still does not open when I run the show on my car.

Does anyone know how to work that or if I am missing something?

Thank You!

Have to use a percentage as the liftgate needs a Closure Command. The settings of 0,25,50,75,100% are for Idle, open, dance, close, stop. I used this to get the FWD on the X to dance. The editor was problematic and I had a hard time getting this to work, but it did eventually. This is in the xlights editor instructions for Tesla show.

Upvote 0
Thank you! This was the final clue in my being able to get my X to work properly.

After you add the effect to the sequence, go to the top left where you will see brightness as a selector bar. Switch this to the setting that FirstInTown advises above. This is the link for the instructions GitHub - teslamotors/light-show: Tesla Light Show. (Providing extra guidance in case anyone else's brain is a slow as mine at the end of the workday)

Upvote 0