Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

The Arrival Multi-Car Lightshow from Tesla Not working

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've created my own shows, downloaded shows, and have already rearranged my USB drive so I can have all my shows on one drive, per car.

However, I haven't been able to get "The Arrival" show to work and xLights doesn't want to work for me any longer on this computer :(.

Can anyone confirm that the files from the github repositiory are the full files?

In theory, you should be able to download all 10 files (Car1/LightShow/lightshow.fseq, Car1/LightShow/lightshow.mp3, Car2/LightShow/lightshow.fseq, etc...)

Then, rename each "lightshow.fseq" and "lightshow.mp3" to Car1, Car2, Car3, Car4, Car5...

Assuming the files they have in the repository are different and correlate to a different car in the sequence, it should work. However, no matter what show file I choose in the car, it plays audio for about 15 seconds then stops. Doesn't work...

Any help? Or anyone want to try this out and let me know what I'm missing?

I think I figured it out. First off, note that there is still a requirement to have a separate USB drive from your one with your Dashcam files, etc. - you can't just add a LightShow directory to your main USB drive.
  1. New USB drive, formatted FAT
  2. One directory at the root level. LightShow
  3. Files (not directories) in that LightShow directory. show1.fseq, show1.mp3, show2.fseq, show2.mp3, .... etc..
  4. Once the drive is inserted in the proper usb port, lightshows in toybox will now show the default light shows (like the arrival) as well as show1, show2, show3 and you can choose and launch whichever ones you want without having to replace the usb drive
Now if they would only allow multiple LockChime.wav files in the same fashion :)

Hope that helps.

Thanks for the reply! Yes, I think I got that far.

When I try to play car1, car2, etc… from the light show dropdown, it only plays the music and only for a few seconds. I think the problem is on the .fseq files that Tesla supplies in the GitHub repository 🤷‍♂️.

Now if they would only allow multiple LockChime.wav files in the same fashion :)
💯 This should have been done from the beginning but we’ll probably get this next holiday update 🤣