Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How do I remove seat bottom trim to replace the seat control switch?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
There's a torx screw holding the front of the seat bottom trim that I have no way to access because of some mechanism in the way. How does one remove the seat bottom trim that holds the seat adjustment switch? Picture attached showing how the screw is not accessible.

Attachments

• 20230328_160707.jpeg
    20230328_160707.jpeg
    616.4 KB · Views: 290
Im not into this stuff, but seem to remember another thread on removing the seats. Here it is, perhaps it can help you:

I had to raise the front of seat all the way up as well. I used a stubby ratcheting screwdriver with the correct bit to remove the screw.

I found the really difficult part trying to remove the clip to the rear of the controls. I was never able to completely remove it and kind of just pulled the panel out enough to remove the screws holding the box to the panel.

Good luck.

I had to raise the front of seat all the way up as well. I used a stubby ratcheting screwdriver with the correct bit to remove the screw.

I found the really difficult part trying to remove the clip to the rear of the controls. I was never able to completely remove it and kind of just pulled the panel out enough to remove the screws holding the box to the panel.

Good luck.
Even with the seat raised up, there's only about 1" of clearance between the screw head and that black colored bar underneath it. I've tried maneuvering some torx allen key to remove it, but then figured that once it's all the way out, it'll be hitting that bar at the bottom so it's a total no go.