Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How do I undo a thumbs down on slacker song?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I had this question and someone replied to me in another thread. I haven't tried this, but it makes sense.

Use a voice request ("Play <song title> by <song artist>"), or do a search and find the song and play it. The request will remove the thumbs down and replace it with a thumbs up. Once the song is playing, then you can remove the thumbs up if you want so that it isn't considered a "favorite".

Reactions: MorrisonHiker
If you email Tesla and ask for the Slacker credentials, they will send them to you. Just put in a support request through your account page on the website. It takes them a few days to get back to you. Once you do that, you can log into Slacker from any device and see everything you've liked and banned. Make sure you don't change the password for the account, this is hard coded into the car.

If you email Tesla and ask for the Slacker credentials, they will send them to you. Just put in a support request through your account page on the website. It takes them a few days to get back to you. Once you do that, you can log into Slacker from any device and see everything you've liked and banned. Make sure you don't change the password for the account, this is hard coded into the car.
I tried this but was unsuccessful. They never respond to most request. Also I don't remember the song... Guess I'll just have to register a new slacker account and start over?

I tried this but was unsuccessful. They never respond to most request. Also I don't remember the song... Guess I'll just have to register a new slacker account and start over?
I wouldn't scrap a whole slacker account over one song. Also, that would you leave you paying for the account rather than Tesla. When I asked for the credentials it took a few days for the reply.

Got a response this time

"I would be happy to assist with your inquiry. Regrettably, we cannot provide direct login credentials for the Slacker account. To change the status of a disliked song, you can request the song again and it should play, allowing you to like the song instead. The only other option is to factory reset your car to clear dislikes and likes.
NOTE: A factory reset will remove out all saved preferences, connected Bluetooth devices, favorite locations, and any other saved data."

This means if you dislike a song accidentally (wife went over a bump), and didn't get the full name of it, you have to reset the entire car. WTF

• Disagree
Reactions: CapnLoki
Got a response this time

"I would be happy to assist with your inquiry. Regrettably, we cannot provide direct login credentials for the Slacker account. To change the status of a disliked song, you can request the song again and it should play, allowing you to like the song instead. The only other option is to factory reset your car to clear dislikes and likes.
NOTE: A factory reset will remove out all saved preferences, connected Bluetooth devices, favorite locations, and any other saved data."

This means if you dislike a song accidentally (wife went over a bump), and didn't get the full name of it, you have to reset the entire car. WTF
Somehow, I doubt resetting the car will fix it. I believe the thumbs down is remembered by Slacker.
It has been reported in other threads that Tesla will not provide the Slacker credentials for Model 3 owners. They have provided them in the past for Model S and X owners.
It has also been previously reported that requesting the song doesn’t work. So if you try it and it works, please report back.

....This means if you dislike a song accidentally (wife went over a bump), and didn't get the full name of it, you have to reset the entire car. WTF
I would say that at this point your best bet is to write it off. After all you don't remember so you will never know that it doesn't play and it is just one track. If you ever think of a track you haven't heard in a long time just search and it may be it.

So..... Maybe I'm missing it here but if you thumbs down a song slacker will skip that song and NEVER play it again? That's not the end of the world. Or will it never play that artist again at all?

Side note, you can play specific songs through slacker? Like Spotify or Amazon music?

I had assumed it was simply a tailored radio station similar to pandoras early version. No?

So..... Maybe I'm missing it here but if you thumbs down a song slacker will skip that song and NEVER play it again? That's not the end of the world. Or will it never play that artist again at all?

Side note, you can play specific songs through slacker? Like Spotify or Amazon music?

I had assumed it was simply a tailored radio station similar to pandoras early version. No?
When you press thumbs down it just bans that one song. It's not the end of the world, and it's not gonna ruin the station you're listening to.

At the subscription level Tesla pays for, it's basically like Pandora. You can pay for a premium account and it will be more like Spotify.

Reactions: bigroo42
When you press thumbs down it just bans that one song. It's not the end of the world, and it's not gonna ruin the station you're listening to.

At the subscription level Tesla pays for, it's basically like Pandora. You can pay for a premium account and it will be more like Spotify.
I think it's a terrible user experience when you can accidentally tap the wrong thing (your driving while using this interface after all), and then you can NEVER undo it.

Reactions: VtiMY