Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How does payment work with Tesla Energy? Credit cards accepted?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

BrandonLive

MS LR (refresh) Blue/Black/21s/FSD
Sep 24, 2018
Seattle
As I start the process for getting solar + PW at home, I’m wondering about how Tesla accepts payments for everything. Is it direct to Tesla and they distribute it to installers/contractors, etc? I’m also wondering if they accept payment via credit card or if they require you to write a check or something (assuming you’re not getting a loan). Anyone who’s gone through the process know the answer to that?

I dunno if they take card, but they might since their billing system works they PayPal. It does ACH transfers. Was kinda interesting to do that large of a PayPal transaction, but hey. You put a deposit down on signing, half is due when they start construction and the other half is due when you pass final inspection.

Below is the email you get after the install crew is done. I used paypal that has my cashback credit card attached to it to earn cash back and will simply pay it off when the statement comes in.

Congratulations on your solar installation!

Per the signed contract, the full SolarCash prepayment is due in two parts: First payment due upon commencement of installation and final payment due following building inspection. Attached please find a copy of your invoice for payment purposes.

We currently accept payment either by check or by credit card (Visa, MasterCard, Discover or American Express). If you would like to pay by credit card, you can CLICK HERE to make your final 50% prepayment. You can also call us at 877-973-7652 between 7:00 am and 5:00 pm Mountain Time to pay by phone. If you would like to pay by check, please mail it to the address on the invoice. Please note that we cannot interconnect your system until we receive your final payment.

You are very close to enjoying the benefits of clean solar energy! We look forward to working with you for many years to come.

Thank you for choosing Tesla and have a great day!

Please do not respond directly to this automated email