Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How long should I expect to wait for App login

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have recently had a PW2 fitted and am keen to configure it to charge off off-peak electricity. I expected an e-mail soon after installation giving the necessary app login password, but nothing so far.
Anyone know how I can expedite the process.
Thanks.
PS the solar in the UK at present is minimal so the battery is getting no charge.

My installers (Solarsense) completed the commissioning whilst on-line and on the phone to Tesla. The Tesla guy then finished off by saying I would be expecting an e-mail with login details.
It's kind of academic anyway as the 3 android devices I have: 2phones, 1 tablet cannot run the App. Incompatible.
What do you run your app on ?
I can log on to the gate way webserver using the installer log in or the customer log in using the very insecure 'forgetten password' route.
However this only gives me status but no configuration ability.
Or am I missing something, and there is some way of configuring the gateway via the web interface. I don't know.
The web interface didn't initially work; port scanner showed no listening ports. But after resetting the gateway a port appeared on the lan.
Kind of reminds me of the early days (1980's) of personal computing.
At least we don't have to bootstrap the gateway into life.

I view my app from an iPhone X. If you are using older android devices that’s are not compatible due to the os you can try to root them and install a modified os to bring your phone up to date and the you should be able to use the app xda-developers has a lot of info. I got my email almost immediately once the tech made the phone call

Last edited: