Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How long should my delivery appointment take?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am scheduled to pick-up my Model Y in the Los Angeles area this Friday.

What takes place during these meetings.....and how long should I expect the appointment to take?

I mean, I assume they take your drivers license, insurance card and deposit check, but...what else takes place? Do they show you how to use all the bells and whistles? Do they try and sell you a maintenance package or extended warranty?

Up to you and depends on your associate.

When I picked up my last Tesla at Marina Del Rey (Los Angeles) recently I had the app on my phone, had added the VIN to my account prior to showing up, had my title for the trade in, etc. I'll do the same with the next one when it's ready hopefully next week in Costa Mesa sans trade-in this time .

Parked my trade in in the garage, gave them the key, they never looked at it, signed some forms, they copied some things, and set me out to the lot to honk the horn on my app and find the car myself since I knew what I was doing. I checked paint, doors, trunk, frunk, windows, etc, and was out of there in about 20 min.

If you want them to you though the car they will ask or you can. Etc.....

I don't even know if Tesla doesn't pre-paid maintenance or warranty anymore, or at least on 3/Y anyway.