Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How many Power Walls can one Gateway handle

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi Everyone,

Just signed up!

My first post and question, How many power walls can one gateway support/run? I own 2 pw's and thinking of adding 1 0r 2 more since I'm burning through electricity at night. My vendor I feel is up sailing me another gateway but have not found a definitive yes or no.

Hi Everyone,

Just signed up!

My first post and question, How many power walls can one gateway support/run? I own 2 pw's and thinking of adding 1 0r 2 more since I'm burning through electricity at night. My vendor I feel is up sailing me another gateway but have not found a definitive yes or no.

Welcome to TMC energy subforum.

According to the data sheet available from tesla online, the answer to "how many powerwalls can a gateway 2 support) is 10:

Pic of relevant part of data sheet so you dont have to click the link, see "modularity":
Screen Shot 2022-06-18 at 4.24.55 PM.png

Of course, what can actually be put in place depends on how your electrical system at your home is setup. If you are just looking at buying additional powerwalls, you dont need another gateway. If, however, you are looking at adding onto your PV (solar) system as well, no one really likes touching the PV system installed by someone else so they tend to quote an entire new system.

Ty. PV is solid but with summer here and soon PSPS around the corner due to wildfires I pre planning and most likely need a bit more back up. As for the 2nd gateway I’ll see if the vendor tries to gouge me.

Btw, my home is full back up with 200amp panel using 75% in capacity.