TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

How much charge to get from Fresno SC to Lodgepole, Sequoia

Discussion in 'California' started by fengshui, Jun 19, 2016.

1. fengshui

fengshui Member

I'm planning a trip to Sequoia in my X75D. When leaving the Fresno SC, how many miles of charge would you recommend to get to lodgepole? EVtripplanner says I can make it with about 120 miles of Rated Range. I'll expect I'll charge more, but how much more would you recommend?

2. ecarfan

ecarfan Well-Known Member

If that is what evtripplanner says and you have entered the correct parameters for your vehicle and cargo weight and temperature and speed, than that should be reasonably accurate. Are you going to charge at your destination?

If it was me I would charge to around 220 miles of range so I could easily get back to Fresno without any additional charging.

3. fengshui

fengshui Member

Thanks. I don't expect a lot of charging in Sequoia, as there are not RV plugs at the campgrounds. My main question was just how accurate the elevation projections on EVTripplanner were. It projects no charge needed for nearly 50 miles coming down from the park.

4. ecarfan

ecarfan Well-Known Member

That does not surprise me.

5. mblakele

mblakele radial cross member