Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How much would you pay for brand new Michelin AS from a new MYP?

How much would you pay for brand new Michelin AS from a new MYP?

• $1000

Votes: 7 63.6%
  • $1500

Votes: 4 36.4%
  • $2000

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • $2500

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
You're better off trying to sell them locally or keeping them, because shipping them is going to make it prohibitively expensive. If you lower the price enough to warrant somebody willing to pay that much, you may as well just hold on to them for when you'll eventually need them yourself. There's a reason I still have 8 tires in my garage, lol... Last time I shipped two tires tires to somebody, I just taped the two tires together, but it still cost $70 to ship it.

Last edited:
Reactions: dawnerd
I'm wondering how they affect performance. In general, AS tires are a compromise. They work in all conditions at the cost of high end performance. Does the MYP still hit its performance specs with the all seasons?
In a striaght line, there’s likely no impact to speed. But, to be honest, I would not take the Y on a hard curve at speed in any tires.

I was in a situation this morning where I was merging onto a highway and the road was a little slick. I don’t believe that the Y is sure-footed enough to handle that type of road condition. My golf R would have eaten it up.

In a striaght line, there’s likely no impact to speed. But, to be honest, I would not take the Y on a hard curve at speed in any tires.

I was in a situation this morning where I was merging onto a highway and the road was a little slick. I don’t believe that the Y is sure-footed enough to handle that type of road condition. My golf R would have eaten it up.
Tires make all the difference tho. My other car came with staggered Pilot Sport Summer Tires, and those things were scary in the wet when it was cold. I replaced them with Pilot Sport A/S, and the fishtailing went away completely. I remember with the summer tires, I accidentally drifted a curve at the base of the hill near our house... When I swapped them out with Pilot Sport A/S, I was able to take that same curve at a much higher speed in the same conditions.,,, I even swapped out the OEM tires on my MDX with DWS-06 Plus, and I can take the twisty roads near my house much more aggressively than the OEM Michelin Pilot HX MXM4 tires, which were pathetic in the wet, and howled like crazy in the dry.

Reactions: rob968