Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How small of a paint chip would you worry about?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Wife dinged the door on our garage wall. Tiny chip (about the size of an uncooked grain of rice or smaller), not noticeable unless the door is open and you’re looking for it.

My only worry is rust.

Should I worry? Should I get it touched up by a pro? Should I just order the touch up paint from Tesla and do it myself?

I hate *sugar* like this because I know it’s incredibly minor, but my brain always goes to worst case scenario.

Had a big truck swerve in front of me on interstate undergoing construction. Big rock hit my hood but missed the windshield. Now I have three marks on the hood about the size your describing. You can see the white underneath the red paint. I also would like to know about rust. I ordered the touch up kit but have no experience repairing.

Attachments

• F5229ED7-6ED0-49A1-9D8D-C4343A0234C1.jpeg
    F5229ED7-6ED0-49A1-9D8D-C4343A0234C1.jpeg
    253.5 KB · Views: 125
Wife dinged the door on our garage wall. Tiny chip (about the size of an uncooked grain of rice or smaller), not noticeable unless the door is open and you’re looking for it.

My only worry is rust.

Should I worry? Should I get it touched up by a pro? Should I just order the touch up paint from Tesla and do it myself?

I hate *sugar* like this because I know it’s incredibly minor, but my brain always goes to worst case scenario.

Personally, I would probably get some touch up paint and call it a day (or not do anything since you say its really only visible with the door open).