Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How tall a box will fit in a Y?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’m designing a project (a portable organ) that I will want to transport in my Y when it arrives. Can anyone tell me how tall a 20 x 30 inch box I can fit through the hatch door? I’ve found the maximum height, but can’t tell how quickly it curves down, or if there are lips or other overhead impediments that would be in the way.

Thanks a bunch!

I believe that is the maximum height in the center of the rear opening, unfortunately (from experience with other vehicles) it tells you little about how big a box will slide in. In the pictures it looks very much like the opening is curved, so shorter as you move away from center.
We had another vehicle where an interior lamp housing was lower than the hatch opening, limiting how tall a box would fit, hence my question.

I believe that is the maximum height in the center of the rear opening, unfortunately (from experience with other vehicles) it tells you little about how big a box will slide in. In the pictures it looks very much like the opening is curved, so shorter as you move away from center.
We had another vehicle where an interior lamp housing was lower than the hatch opening, limiting how tall a box would fit, hence my question
27.25: in the center, maybe 27-3/8 (I have a trunk liner installed). 25.5" at the extreme outside edges.
excellent! Thanks.

This box was probably the largest I have fit and not really much more room. It slid all the way up the middle and trunk closed with a little room to spare.

Taking the height and width, it was ~78 inches long, ~24 inches wide

Attachments

• 27093083-f108-47f9-b781-d321bde17bb1 (1).jpg
    27093083-f108-47f9-b781-d321bde17bb1 (1).jpg
    271.6 KB · Views: 254