Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How to access door pillar camera feed?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Iron

Jan 22, 2023
ATL
This is for the cameras above where you'd scan a key card. There is a location where there is huge blind spot and due to the angle of the car and the way this car is designed, only the pillar camera would be able to view oncoming traffic. If not accessible, is this in the works? Unfortunately the location is right outside my subdivision, so unavoidable and dangerous.

I just saw a video of a t-bone accident in which a pickup truck ran a stop sign and hit a Tesla. The owner was able to get the pillar footage directly from Tesla to use against the offending driver. Not sure if it's allowed outside of CA.

Reactions: Mike_TV
I just saw a video of a t-bone accident in which a pickup truck ran a stop sign and hit a Tesla. The owner was able to get the pillar footage directly from Tesla to use against the offending driver. Not sure if it's allowed outside of CA.
Was that the one where the owner had Tesla insurance? If so, I'd think that wouldn't be a problem.

Reactions: Tagar
It'll be very useful to access this feed to avoid scraping the sides of the front bumper in tight spaces.
Doubt if it would help that. This camera looks out to the side.

20211026_084942-jpg.726250

This is for the cameras above where you'd scan a key card. There is a location where there is huge blind spot and due to the angle of the car and the way this car is designed, only the pillar camera would be able to view oncoming traffic. If not accessible, is this in the works? Unfortunately the location is right outside my subdivision, so unavoidable and dangerous.
This feature should be added this week in the Holiday update!

Reactions: Iron and Mike_TV