Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How to be responsible to our own fellow Teslans?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
At Castle Hill towers today 31/10/2021 at 10.44 am, I noticed two M3 in the three charge bays has completed the charging. After half an hour one of the car owners MAT01D came to removed the car. I made an humble request and suggested to move the car within a reasonable time to allow others to get a chance to charge. After listening to me, he said he still has 1% charge remaining and just walked away with absolutely no sign of empathy. May be a humble request to all Teslans in the group, let's agree that during peak and busy hours, let's limit our charge time to give way to others as well as move our cars within in a reasonable time once the charging is completed. Kindly excuse me if I said anything wrong.

At Castle Hill towers today 31/10/2021 at 10.44 am, I noticed two M3 in the three charge bays has completed the charging. After half an hour one of the car owners MAT01D came to removed the car. I made an humble request and suggested to move the car within a reasonable time to allow others to get a chance to charge. After listening to me, he said he still has 1% charge remaining and just walked away with absolutely no sign of empathy. May be a humble request to all Teslans in the group, let's agree that during peak and busy hours, let's limit our charge time to give way to others as well as move our cars within in a reasonable time once the charging is completed. Kindly excuse me if I said anything wrong.
only a small percentage of all tesla owners are on here.
But I’m a bit confused with your request. You want people to “move our cars within a reasonable time once the charging is complete” - agree with that and the tesla idle fee encourages such as well, however you were bemoaning the guy who wouldnt move his car that was still charging? Sure it was only 1% remaining, but maybe he was about to embark on a long journey that might be tight in range. Maybe he needs that much charge to get through the week. Regardless if someone is charging, the stall is theirs. If they arent, move on.

It would be good if single station NRMA chargers had an idle fee system with a 100% surcharge if the offending car was a PHEV.
But yes agree that if the green light is flashing on the charge port then you have to wait.
The other bugbear is EV owners who use charging bays as car parks without even bothering to plug in...