Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How to challenge a warranty issue

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
FD375A21-6C89-4D5B-86E5-993B97ABA268.jpeg
So after owning my 21 MYP for 3 months I realized me rear seatbelts are staining my back seats. I know all you naysayer are going to suggest every technique in the book and trust me I’ve tried with no luck. So I took my car into the service center and they confirmed they are ruined but claimed it to be “normal wear and tear”. WHAT???? Nobody has ever even sat in those seats. So now they want to charge me 2K to replace them. I want to challenge this through Tesla corporation but can’t seem to figure out the process. This is absolutely unacceptable for a 75K car. Please help!

Attachments

• 5AF649B0-4ED1-4282-B99D-E689AE0E73F7.jpeg
    5AF649B0-4ED1-4282-B99D-E689AE0E73F7.jpeg
    320.8 KB · Views: 34
Since you are in Hawaii you have limited choices on Tesla Service Centers. I would document everything in a letter, attach pictures and be nice to the SC manager. Explain that the service tech(s) said this was normal but that's not acceptable to you. If you hit a wall there, ask to escalate to the regional manager and go up the chain from there. Your state may have specific laws around new car warranty claims too.

I think it's unacceptable for three month old car to have this. Documenting everything, being persistant and nice will help getting this resolved.