Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Vendor how to chose a phone mount

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Yeslak

Former Vendor
Oct 26, 2022
USA
If you're looking for a phone holder for Model 3, Yeslak's will fit the bill. Its 360° free rotation keeps your phone at a comfortable viewing angle. With 16 built-in strong magnets, the phone will be held strongly and stably. The base has a 3M pad to allow this phone holder to adhere to the back of the center display. Its retractable design makes it invisible and preserves the design of the Tesla interior. By the way, please don't miss the 20% discount in our store.

微信截图_20230808151003.png

Welcome!

It depends on what you want, what you want to use the phone for, and what works for you. I got this clever yet simple phone holder from Abstract Ocean when it was on sale:

I use it for the S3XY Buttons dash app. I put it in line with the steering wheel but unfortunately it is often occluded by the steering wheel. It would be easier to see with a yoke.

Another problem with most phone holders is the phone tends to bounce around if the pavement is not perfectly smooth. The ones that attach to the screen have a longer lever arm so they bounce more. Also my small S10e phone didn't fit perfectly in it.

There are also features like wireless charging and magnetic mounts. What's great for one person may not be good for you. People might be able to give you better help if you explained what you want to use the phone for and what features are important for you.

I seldom go on long trips so charging is not important to me. The S3XY Buttons dash app doesn't require me to interact with the phone so putting it behind the steering wheel is fine. If you need to interact with the phone then putting it on the touch screen might be better. I have a swivel mount for my touch screen (which I love) so the screen mount is not ideal.

You may end up trying several different mounts to find out what works best for you.

Upvote 0
I use a QuadLock wireless charging mount with a RAM ball and arm. I do use WAZE and radar and podcast apps, and it’s safest to have the phone mounted as high as possible so as to not to require head-down time. Works great.

51899375573_0d88889423_z.jpg

52114477973_679c330a30_z.jpg

Note: the first photo has the standard QuadLock mount. I find the wireless charging mount worth the extra money for convenience.

Upvote 0
Upvote 0