Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How to remove Apple Music favorites on 2023.26.8?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was looking forward to this software update to get the dedicated Favorites tab for music sources but I've come across one thing I can't fix regarding Apple Music. I favorited a bunch of stuff in Apple Music when I first got my MYLR and now there's much I don't want on this list but I can't find a way to remove any of them!

I know that when I dismiss the audio tab on the bottom left of the screen, this reveals the ability to deselect a favorite for the other sources I use in the larger pane on the right side of the screen. But this doesn't work for Apple Music! The check mark that I'd used to favorite something doesn't change to deselect when I tap on it. Saying many mean things about its mother as I'm trying to get that damned check mark to do something doesn't seem to help either.

I see no way to access or edit these Tesla favorites in Apple Music elsewhere either (iPhone or Mac).

I know Tesla's implementation of Apple Music is terrible overall but it's been working enough for me to use it. Has anyone figured out how to edit these favorites? Or is this just something that will be stuck unless Tesla decides to change it in the future?

I was looking forward to this software update to get the dedicated Favorites tab for music sources but I've come across one thing I can't fix regarding Apple Music. I favorited a bunch of stuff in Apple Music when I first got my MYLR and now there's much I don't want on this list but I can't find a way to remove any of them!

I know that when I dismiss the audio tab on the bottom left of the screen, this reveals the ability to deselect a favorite for the other sources I use in the larger pane on the right side of the screen. But this doesn't work for Apple Music! The check mark that I'd used to favorite something doesn't change to deselect when I tap on it. Saying many mean things about its mother as I'm trying to get that damned check mark to do something doesn't seem to help either.

I see no way to access or edit these Tesla favorites in Apple Music elsewhere either (iPhone or Mac).

I know Tesla's implementation of Apple Music is terrible overall but it's been working enough for me to use it. Has anyone figured out how to edit these favorites? Or is this just something that will be stuck unless Tesla decides to change it in the future?
Did you ever figures this out? I was really looking forward to the Favorites tab, but have the same issue. I just want my favorites to be my FM and SiriusXM stations. Not music.

Also - it seems that some FM stations don’t stay on the Favorite tab, even though they are a favorite. Wish you could scroll through all of your favorites in that tab and reorder them too.

• Disagree
Reactions: racerx2005
Did you ever figures this out? I was really looking forward to the Favorites tab, but have the same issue. I just want my favorites to be my FM and SiriusXM stations. Not music.

Also - it seems that some FM stations don’t stay on the Favorite tab, even though they are a favorite. Wish you could scroll through all of your favorites in that tab and reorder them too.

I haven't, unfortunately. I'll keep looking but I'm guessing this isn't a priority for Tesla so I'm not hopeful that it will be addressed soon. I really want my Favorites to be a couple of stations in Apple Music and a couple of streaming radio stations for local news + traffic and that's it.

Reactions: DBV1