Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Apple Music Songs Grayed Out?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I noticed some of the songs in my Apple Music playlists are grayed out. In trying to find a connection, it seems songs that I uploaded to Apple Music (back when I had iTunes Match) can't be played by the Tesla?

The bonkers part (if my hunch is true) is that some of the songs are actually available in Apple Music - they were just matched - not uploaded. If I delete the "matched" album, add the Apple Music version to my library then add the album back to my playlist, I can play it in the Tesla.

Anybody else see the same issue or am I doing something wrong?

hadfiiw,
I have the same problem. I have an iPhone XS and it does not seem that the Apple Music on my phone is connecting to the Apple Music on the Tesla computer. Tried to play a song from my phone today and you could not hear the music. Also, the artists section on the Apple Music in the Tesla does not contain the same artists that I have on the Apple Music on my phone.

I noticed some of the songs in my Apple Music playlists are grayed out. In trying to find a connection, it seems songs that I uploaded to Apple Music (back when I had iTunes Match) can't be played by the Tesla?

The bonkers part (if my hunch is true) is that some of the songs are actually available in Apple Music - they were just matched - not uploaded. If I delete the "matched" album, add the Apple Music version to my library then add the album back to my playlist, I can play it in the Tesla.

Anybody else see the same issue or am I doing something wrong?
have you tried running the cloud update via the file menu in the Music app on your computer?
I’m assuming that’s where you have your music collection
I do it regularly