Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How to remove soap residue/film from black molding?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I went through a touchless car wash about a month ago and apparently they used some shitty soap or wax. I still cannot remove the iridescent soap/wax residue/film from the black molding/trim around the windows. It also did this to my wife's 3, but because she has the older chrome trim, it's not quite as noticeable. I've thought about using Chemical Guys Tire & Trim Gel, Tire & Rubber Cleaner, or Wax & Oil Remover. What i really do not want is a coating similar to a tire shine that just covers up the issue, I want to actually remove it without applying too harsh a chemical to the rubber trim because I'd also like to avoid any long term damage. Anyone have success story from a similar issue?

Plenty of threads about this. Easy fix with something like the meguires ultimate compound. For me, even a simple car interior wipe or baby wet wipes followed by a dry rag.
i did a search before posting but perhaps i used the wrong key words. I tried a wet wipe and it was not effective. i tried 3 times in the same spot with mild results. I might try the Meguires, thanks.