Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How to replace Model 3 windshield wiper fluid reservoir?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anyone know how to get the wiper fluid tank out? Mine is leaking and I want to try and see if I can find out why (my car is over 50k miles and cost estimate was 306 dollars when I scheduled service) so I was going to see if I could pull the tank myself to take a look- but I can not figure out how to get it out.

I have pulled the frunk tray out, but it is wedged up under the windshield and I just do not see how It comes out, so figured I would reach out to see if anyone knew how to do it.

Thanks!

Anyone know how to get the wiper fluid tank out? Mine is leaking and I want to try and see if I can find out why (my car is over 50k miles and cost estimate was 306 dollars when I scheduled service) so I was going to see if I could pull the tank myself to take a look- but I can not figure out how to get it out.

I have pulled the frunk tray out, but it is wedged up under the windshield and I just do not see how It comes out, so figured I would reach out to see if anyone knew how to do it.

Thanks!

Did you ever get an answer as to how to replace the fluid reservoir? I have the same problem.

Don't bother unless you have a service manual. Tried to swap out mine today. It is not located in the wheel well like the Model S. You can only access the tank from the frunk side, but you have to remove the power steering pump as well as the windshield washer motor.
I've worked on cars forever, but have always had a manual, didn't want to mess something up on the M3 by winging it, so we're going to get a service tech to come and replace it.
FYI, I know why mine is leaking there are two massive holes chewed in it by a rodent. From what I understand this is not a Tesla issue, OEMs have been adding soy to the plastic mix and it is delicious to rodents.....

• Informative
Reactions: SummerlinChiro
The process seems complicated to a non-mechanic. The LH wheel needs to be removed...

Attachments

• ws10-13.JPG
    ws10-13.JPG
    102.6 KB · Views: 701
  • ws14.JPG
    ws14.JPG
    86.5 KB · Views: 481
  • ws15-16.JPG
    ws15-16.JPG
    73.1 KB · Views: 522
  • ws17.JPG
    ws17.JPG