Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

how to turn off "Your car cabin is now at the desired temperature" notification?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Am I correct in understanding that it's the cabin temp that has been modified and not the engine temp alone? I leave my windows down, because my car is in the (cold) garage. I'm concerned that I'm wasting energy while the car tries to heat the car with the windows down

I opened a service ticket with Tesla for Dec 24 (furthest out I could select) through the mobile app. Will work through their text support on how to block these pointless notifications but still receive other app notifications like charging interrupted.
I'm at a loss why this is something that is so annoying you'd have to go through the trouble of opening a ticket etc. I mean, the app tells me when the car starts and stops charging....I don't care, it disappears and I go on with my life.

Why is this an issue?

Reactions: Rhinodad
I'm at a loss why this is something that is so annoying you'd have to go through the trouble of opening a ticket etc. I mean, the app tells me when the car starts and stops charging....I don't care, it disappears and I go on with my life.

Why is this an issue?

@queenamydala I think it's more annoying in a multi-driver household. So for example, if I want to warm the car up before I head out on some errands (or get back in the car to come home), my partner is going to get those notifications when they are not at all helpful to her. It would be nice if they were at least filtered to the phone/user that turned on the climate. Or failing that, able to turn them off in app settings like most of the other notifications. I'm hoping the switch omission was an oversight that will get fixed.

@queenamydala I think it's more annoying in a multi-driver household. So for example, if I want to warm the car up before I head out on some errands (or get back in the car to come home), my partner is going to get those notifications when they are not at all helpful to her. It would be nice if they were at least filtered to the phone/user that turned on the climate. Or failing that, able to turn them off in app settings like most of the other notifications. I'm hoping the switch omission was an oversight that will get fixed.
Have you had to put a propeller and rudder on your Tesla yet, given the flooding up there?

Have you had to put a propeller and rudder on your Tesla yet, given the flooding up there?

@rxlawdude boat conversion is still in progress!

In all seriousness, my family and I are all fine. But the region sure took a beating over the last few days indeed. I'm not sure how much coverage you saw in Cali but yes TONS of localized flooding, some communities evacuated entirely, lots of mudslides, and essentially all of the major arteries connecting Vancouver with the rest of the country east of us are in various states of disrepair. It's pretty bad.

Reactions: rxlawdude
@rxlawdude boat conversion is still in progress!

In all seriousness, my family and I are all fine. But the region sure took a beating over the last few days indeed. I'm not sure how much coverage you saw in Cali but yes TONS of localized flooding, some communities evacuated entirely, lots of mudslides, and essentially all of the major arteries connecting Vancouver with the rest of the country east of us are in various states of disrepair. It's pretty bad.
We did a road trip in 2019 to Banff and (briefly, just to see it) Calgary. Many of the roads we were on are now mudflows.

Stay dry!

Reactions: angus[Y]oung
Ahh...that makes total sense. I'm about to be a 2 Tesla household so I don't yet know how that works. I would have thought that when you're in the app and you select what car you want to see, that the notifications would follow the car you've selected.

I can see how that would be an issue.

This notice just started happening to me daily since the latest update Android 2021.36.5.1. The alert is appearing with the charging schedule that I had set for departure. In there is a "Precondition" option with a subtext of "Set climate and preheat battery" so I can be ready to roll. I disabled the "Precondition" since the feature is not relevant for me. This may explain why it appears to others suddenly.

This alert just started appearing daily for me. It seems to have arrived with Android version 2022.36.5.1 and is related to the scheduled charging.

The "Precondition" Option will also prepare the climate. Not a feature I need so I disabled the Precondition.

Screenshot_20211117-162340.png

• Informative
Reactions: Transformer
As expected, the response on my Service ticket was "it's working as designed, the Service Center can't do anything about it." I requested that they file an enhancement request to allow us to disable these new alerts, just like we can disable the other specific alerts like "charging started" and "charging interrupted" that I think are also pointless. I don't know if they filed the enhancement request before cancelling my service appointment.

Reactions: Transformer
For all the peeps who don’t want to be notified about the cabin has reached your desired temperature, you can now enable/disable such notification with app version 4.3.0 or later.

@with_raiden awesome! It seemed like a no-brainer for them to offer this toggle, glad they finally got to it. I know the iOS app is always ahead of the Android one, but I look forward to receiving 4.3 soon.

Reactions: with_raiden
I have also been notified that it has been on for an overly long amount of time. Something like an hour or >. I appreciated that heads up and turned off the heat., easily distracted LOL As for reaching temperature, it seems to report about 2 C before it actually reaches my cars desired interior temperature.

Is there a way to disable it? It's unnecessary for me.
If you don't want to precondition the cabin and heat the battery for departure, you can turn it off in the app under Climate -> Schedule -> deselect Precondition
I didn't just want to turn off the alert, I wanted to stop have a puddle of water under the car every day at 6AM when I am not going to work. I just want the car to finish charging by 6AM to get the off-peak electric rates.
Hope this helps!

• Helpful
Reactions: angus[Y]oung
Is there a way to disable it? It's unnecessary for me.
If you don't want to precondition the cabin and heat the battery for departure, you can turn it off in the app under Climate -> Schedule -> deselect Precondition (it's here under "Scheduled Departure" Winter Driving Tips)

I didn't just want to turn off the alert, I wanted to stop have a puddle of water under the car every day at 6AM when I am not going anywhere. It seems to waste some battery power as well. I just want the car to finish charging by 6AM to get the off-peak charging rates, not precondition the cabin or preheat the battery.

Hope this helps!

For all the peeps who don’t want to be notified about the cabin has reached your desired temperature, you can now enable/disable such notification with app version 4.3.0 or later.
interestingly - after I got the 4.3.0 app I still got the message and checked the option. It defaults to disabled, but I had to enable it, then disable it again to stop the messages.
YMMV though ;)