Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Temperature sensor?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Have there been issues with the temperature reading high? I just got a notification of cabin overheat protection a while ago, which was surprising given its 61 outside (car was reading 65). The interior temperature was ready 110. The car was in the sun, so I suppose it’s maybe possible. I moved the car to the shade (no sun) and vented the windows. 20 minutes later it was still reading 89.

Could this be a problem or am I underestimating the effect of the unfiltered sun on the interior heat? It’s been a while since I’ve felt 110, but it didn’t feel much warmer than maybe 85 when I climbed in to move the car. I’m also wondering mostly why it’s taking so long for the heat to come down.

If this a working properly, the car is going to be in perpetual cabin overheat protection whenever parked in the sun from March to October.

Maybe I’ll bring another temperature gauge to put in the car to compare against. Where is the sensor that reads interior temp?

Totally normal. It’s the greenhouse effect. A car can easily reach 100F+ in the sun even if it’s 60F out. Yesterday my cabin was 128F after sitting in the sun for a few hours and it was 63F outside. I would leave Cabin Overheat off and get a windshield visor. The windshield isn’t tinted and lets in way more heat than the roof, rear, or side windows.