Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How would you start over with TSLA?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
A fun thought experiment, image this scenario:
  • You are fully on-board with the Tesla mission and believe they will be the biggest company in the world one day (especially after battery day).
  • You missed the big run up, and are starting from scratch, post split, with a current SP around $400
  • You are very bullish and looking to invest $100,000 and have a 10 year time horizon to maximize your returns.
How would do it? All at once? Now, or build slowly on dips? What would you buy? Shares? LEAPs? Sell covered calls? Other strategies? What percentages?

This is me, actually. I have very little assets, through some financial trouble over the recent years. So I've been on board with Tesla for years, but no remaining shares to show for it. I have already started over, but at a volume less than $100k unfortunately.

While I think Tesla will grow wildly long term, in the short term it is pretty unpredictable. For that reason, I simply save a % of my paycheck, and buy shares each month at nearly any price. Been doing this all year. Obviously my shares from early in the year did very well, and the more recent shares have lost a bit. None will matter in a few years time, I expect quite considerable growth.

Honesty, I wish I had access to capital to invest now, as I expect we'll never go below these 2020 rates ever again. But my plan is the same, buy a few shares a month indefinitely. I am dollar cost averaging, but due to a lack of choice. If capital were available, I'd literally buy everything I could on Monday and just HODL.

Reactions: corduroy
This is me, actually. I have very little assets, through some financial trouble over the recent years. So I've been on board with Tesla for years, but no remaining shares to show for it. I have already started over, but at a volume less than $100k unfortunately.

While I think Tesla will grow wildly long term, in the short term it is pretty unpredictable. For that reason, I simply save a % of my paycheck, and buy shares each month at nearly any price. Been doing this all year. Obviously my shares from early in the year did very well, and the more recent shares have lost a bit. None will matter in a few years time, I expect quite considerable growth.

Honesty, I wish I had access to capital to invest now, as I expect we'll never go below these 2020 rates ever again. But my plan is the same, buy a few shares a month indefinitely. I am dollar cost averaging, but due to a lack of choice. If capital were available, I'd literally buy everything I could on Monday and just HODL.
same here, I wish I had more funds to buy Tesla