Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

hvac issue bleed actuator

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
so my 2018 model 3, the car has an hvac issue. i took it in to tesla for diagnostic, it came back with "RH bleed actuator fault" essentially they told me they need to change out the bleed actuator on the car, and quoted me a very TESLA price for the repair.

ive done repairs on my car myself a bunch of times, its not the first time id tear the frunk out or replace the bumper or install an electric trunk or anything, issue is i dont have the first clue where to best access the RH bleed actuator. should i tear out the dashboard or is it located under the frunk?

does anyone know? has anyone had to replace one of these by hand and found any useful tips? i will take pics and try to make a guide for future owners that run into this issue if i manage to get it done.

anyway, if you have any idea where the RH bleed actuator is located, give me a hint. my best guess is to take apart the dashboard, i just dont want to do that and find out it was in the frunk this whole time.

Reactions: K3vin11