Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Hyperdip Glossy Black on high touch areas- reviews?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was wondering if anybody used Hyperdip (or plastiDip) to paint their MS handles?
I'm thinking on doing this to get rid of the chrome, but I'm concerned about durability. I might get excited and do the window / back and front trim trim too.
any thoughts? experiences are welcomed...

Hyperdip - Glossy Black

I ordered some pre-cut vinyl door handle pieces in my car's color, then added a piece of clear PPF over those.
It's not a perfect color match, but it's very close. You could easily do that with black too.
I didn't bother trying to do the top or inside of the handles since they aren't seen most of the time. But it could be done.

I did my chrome delete myself with a roll of gloss black vinyl from Amazon. Don't remember the exact cost, but it was cheap. Just make sure to get a wide enough size for the back door triangle window trim. 1"-2" is not wide enough.
The exception was the side mirrors, which I bought a pre-cut kit. Not cheap, but saved frustration and time to get full coverage without any disassembly.

Vinyl is a different skill set from Plastidip though. Just a learning curve on using a heat gun, but easier than perfecting the spray gun technique. I feel like vinyl is easier to work with, mistakes are cheaper to redo, and quicker to fix. And I don't need a fancy spray gun to do it right. Also don't have to necessarily mask off surrounding areas.

So I guess my opinion would be NOT to hyperdip.

Reactions: S-ALSET
IMG_7777.jpeghttps://tesbros.com/products/s-chrome-delete

I used this precut kit to delete my chrome accents.
CF239F0B-D7AD-47E5-94EC-07706035AFF5.jpeg

Reactions: S-ALSET