TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

I-10 Closed @ TX/LA Border

Discussion in 'Southeast' started by NOLA_Mike, Mar 16, 2016.

Tags:
  1. NOLA_Mike

NOLA_Mike Irritable

I-10 closed in both directions due to flooding of the Sabine River at the Texas/Louisiana border.

If you had left Houston North Supercharger and made it all the way to Orange, TX before realizing the interstate was closed you would likely need a back up charging plan to either get back to Houston or take a long route around the closure to make it to Lake Charles, LA.

EDIT: No comments needed from the Texas folks that this is a blessing... :)

2. kort677

kort677 Banned

FWIW, you can bypass Houston when coming down I45 towards eastbound I 10. after charging at Huntsville let waze or the nav. guide you to the Lake charles LA SC. in an 85 or 90 this is a long but easily made hop, and you skip the Houston traffic