Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

I feel like a spoiled brat

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I feel like a spoiled brat. Recently, I’ve been complaining to my friends that when I business travel, I am forced to rent an ICE vehicle, have to steer it, and then have to gas it up. Yuck!

This last Friday, my EAP and active cruise control functionality disappeared. Upon further inspection, I noticed that the VR display does not show any vehicles around me when I’m driving.

Now I have to steer my car, and watch my speed, old school style. I *really* miss my EAP.

Any advice on how to restore this would be appreciated. I tried a two scroll wheel reset, but to no avail. Trying to get Tesla customer service to respond to me, but....

Reactions: CarlK
I did tesla chat they sent me instructions, they were very helpful.
I plugged my car in and when I went back outside to do what the email said; everything was back to normal.
I didn’t have it for 3-4 days before I called.
I felt the same way that now I needed to actually drive.

I took the Model 3 on a business trip 6 months ago. It was a little over 1,000 miles round trip. When you add up the airline ticket, a car rental on the other end and gas for a rental, it was pretty close to a wash on paying me mileage to drive my own vehicle. I would have burned a whole day while traveling if taking an airline flight, so the time difference didn't really change the travel expenses either. The reimbursement was pretty close to my expenses to drive (including depreciation and maintenance) and was a much nicer day than being crammed in a flying tube. (I love flying light aircraft, but despise airline travel.)

You might suggest driving your own car as an option if your travel is a trip that you could relatively easily make in a single day (maybe 750 miles one way).

Reactions: Big Earl
I feel like a spoiled brat. Recently, I’ve been complaining to my friends that when I business travel, I am forced to rent an ICE vehicle, have to steer it, and then have to gas it up. Yuck!

This last Friday, my EAP and active cruise control functionality disappeared. Upon further inspection, I noticed that the VR display does not show any vehicles around me when I’m driving.

Now I have to steer my car, and watch my speed, old school style. I *really* miss my EAP.

Any advice on how to restore this would be appreciated. I tried a two scroll wheel reset, but to no avail. Trying to get Tesla customer service to respond to me, but....
Pull your memory stick, reset the computer and don’t use sentry until you get an update.

I had a similar issue but then also got a warning that one of my cameras wasn't working properly. I checked to see if they were covered with something but they were unobstructed. I called road side assistance (the cars stopped showing on one side of the screen when they hit the drivers side camera) and they said to schedule an appointment. EAP didn't work at that point. Tried rebooting and all that jazz but nothing seemed to remove the error. Next day woke up and the message was gone and everything worked just fine.

Still went in for my appointment expecting them to find nothing but they had to replace a camera. It only took 2 days to completed luckily but was strange.

Number of past threads/posts on this regarding AP/headlights always on during day/windshield wipers.

All my husband had to do was turn off Sentry on the main Security screen. He had reached his destination so parked car and when he returned to drive it resolved itself. Turned Sentry mode back on and hasn’t had an issue. We just came back from a 400 mile trip and he used his AP all the time on the highway.

Issue seems to be around Sentry’s activation. Everyone with the problem/s has sounded like they were using Sentry. Don’t know that it’s necessary to pull a USB drive or wait hours or overnight. In his case his AP 2.0 hardward precludes him from adding a USB drive so in his case one wasn’t even involved. Two wheel reboot seems unnecessary as well.