Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

I got my 2 week delivery window and want to switch from cash to finance

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Today, my delivery window for MYP switched to the two-week window. My order profile is currently set to cash, but I want to switch it to finance. I read through several posts on this forum that I should wait for VIN# to switch over to financing. But also saw some other posts that once you get your VIN# delivery can be as quick as in 2 days and they only give you a 3-day window to pickup or else? I don't want to be in a hot rush to switch over to financing and apply and wait for credit decision once I get my VIN#. I'd like to do that now since my delivery window has changed to 2 weeks. If I switch from cash to financing, will that reshuffle my estimate delivery date or it won't change that at all? I checked the source code on the Tesla website for hidden VIN but don't see it there yet. Anyone know, please help me out.

Order date: April 21, 2022
EDD (as of today): June 21 - July 5.

Might check with your financial institution of choice and see what their approval window is for you. My local CU told me I had 90 days once approved, so you might be good. Not sure what the usual time/lock date is for auto loans. As always YMMV.