Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

I knew it would be quick, but 1 week?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
First time posting here in a while folks. Good to be back. After getting an offer for my 22k mile Perf 3 that was nearly $9k more than what Tesla offered me, I decided to go order a MSM Y, PUP, White Int, Tow, no FSD. Did so last week and got the text this morning to schedule delivery. Vin is a 20XXX which is somewhat reassuring. My SA scoffed at the idea of me getting it before EOQ but seeing as this is my 5th Tesla and I live 350 miles from Fremont, I suspected they would rush it out to me before June 30th, Ha!

Buyer of my 3 is flying in from AZ once DMV sends me title (I just paid off the Wells Fargo loan last week). Can I go to AAA and get the pink slip issued from there if their computers show that WF released title? I'm really trying to avoid owning both cars simultaneously.

As you can tell by now, QC is a dart throw but don't let it discourage or better yet stress you out unnecessarily..
Thanks for the advice. Burbank,CA delivery center is a close enough drive that if the car has issues, I can always leave it there for them to fix and come back the next day. The $64k question is... does a 20XXX vin truly imply a recent production or was this car sitting for the last month at the Tujunga,CA storage lot before being plucked out, tow bar added and then furnished to me for purchase? The delivery text did mention "Your Model Y is on its way to the Burbank Delivery Center"... which suggests it did just emanate from the Fremont factory, but who knows?

First time posting here in a while folks. Good to be back. After getting an offer for my 22k mile Perf 3 that was nearly $9k more than what Tesla offered me, I decided to go order a MSM Y, PUP, White Int, Tow, no FSD. Did so last week and got the text this morning to schedule delivery. Vin is a 20XXX which is somewhat reassuring. My SA scoffed at the idea of me getting it before EOQ but seeing as this is my 5th Tesla and I live 350 miles from Fremont, I suspected they would rush it out to me before June 30th, Ha!

Buyer of my 3 is flying in from AZ once DMV sends me title (I just paid off the Wells Fargo loan last week). Can I go to AAA and get the pink slip issued from there if their computers show that WF released title? I'm really trying to avoid owning both cars simultaneously.

If you are that close I think you will get it before end of quarter. I live on the East Coast and my Model Y was apparently built on 6/15 and I'm getting delivery tomorrow, just a little over 1 week from mfg date.

Vertigo:

I know I am getting it THIS WEEK. They want me to schedule pick-up and are only offering me this Wednesday or Thursday as options.I am just trying to get my pink slip sooner on my M3 so that I can sell it to my cash customer.

lol my bad I totally misread your message, I still can't believe how fast they moved cars 2700 miles from Fremont to Charlotte. I saw them unload one on 6/18, that was built on 6/15.

Buyer of my 3 is flying in from AZ once DMV sends me title (I just paid off the Wells Fargo loan last week). Can I go to AAA and get the pink slip issued from there if their computers show that WF released title?
I don't believe AAA will help you, and with COVID limited staff and backlog, don't expect the normal three weeks to a month for title.

You now have a race: your title, or your MY. :p

You're absolutely correct. AAA confirmed all pink slips must emanate from Sacramento. Had I only known, I would have paid off my 3 two months ago. Oh well, I may very well refuse delivery. I definitely have a valid reason for doing so. After all,they quoted me 4-8 weeks and then deliver my car in a week? Unless, I can convince my AZ buyer to take delivery subject to an iron clad purchase agreement executed between the both of us. I know he really wants the car badly as it's only 22 months old with only 22k miles on it, includes FSD and only has a lifetime wattage usage of 257 w/hr per mile. Yes, I babied it and rarely opened it up to its fullest potential.