Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

I took deliver at 11 am drove 150 miles and got a "vehicle may fail to restart"

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Car had like a 165 miles, less than 3 hrs of drive time and a 15 minute V3 tesla charger charge. Of course I was taking my wheel chair bound father to the oncologist and it was 330pm on a Friday and I live out if state and vehicles can't be taken out of state. Anyway, 2023 Y performance. It would send a message only when I applied throttle, not when stopped or braking. May be coincidental. Warning would come and go and came with greater frequency after 20 miles. I went 145 miles and charge went from 98% to 28%, just like the car predicted. 80* and going 80mph. Charge in Collinsville IL took 15 minutes. I met some super nice folks driving an X. I charged to 80% and drove another 40 miles or so and went to 69%. Driving 60 to 70 mph on average. Tesla service in Chesterfield and S Co were excellent. Thanks to John at S Co and Dino in Chesterfield. Also the Tesla service advisor was warranty? I'm driving a p90. Possibly a connection, sensor or bad cell. If a bad cell they replace w OEM new. Do I have any worries about my electronics if a cell? Should I insist on an extended warrant? I'm hoping they drive my car back to me as I'm 120 miles away. Amazing car.
White on White and performance Y. Feels as fast as the p90d. I absolutely love it. I started on highly modded Buick Grand nationals and have had Cobra, Vets, CTS v, 392 300, you get it fast toys, this thing is like a molded GN, runs like a scalded dog. What do you guys think. Sorry for long first post. Greetings and salutations BTW!
Greg

Car had like a 165 miles, less than 3 hrs of drive time and a 15 minute V3 tesla charger charge. Of course I was taking my wheel chair bound father to the oncologist and it was 330pm on a Friday and I live out if state and vehicles can't be taken out of state. Anyway, 2023 Y performance. It would send a message only when I applied throttle, not when stopped or braking. May be coincidental. Warning would come and go and came with greater frequency after 20 miles. I went 145 miles and charge went from 98% to 28%, just like the car predicted. 80* and going 80mph. Charge in Collinsville IL took 15 minutes. I met some super nice folks driving an X. I charged to 80% and drove another 40 miles or so and went to 69%. Driving 60 to 70 mph on average. Tesla service in Chesterfield and S Co were excellent. Thanks to John at S Co and Dino in Chesterfield. Also the Tesla service advisor was warranty? I'm driving a p90. Possibly a connection, sensor or bad cell. If a bad cell they replace w OEM new. Do I have any worries about my electronics if a cell? Should I insist on an extended warrant? I'm hoping they drive my car back to me as I'm 120 miles away. Amazing car.
White on White and performance Y. Feels as fast as the p90d. I absolutely love it. I started on highly modded Buick Grand nationals and have had Cobra, Vets, CTS v, 392 300, you get it fast toys, this thing is like a molded GN, runs like a scalded dog. What do you guys think. Sorry for long first post. Greetings and salutations BTW!
Greg

If there's just one bad cell, the Service Center just swaps the whole big battery pack out and not opens up the pack to fix 1 cell.

Thus, there's no concerns about the "electronics" because the whole old pack is gone.

Not sure about your concerns about extended warranty. Your battery is under the new warranty lasting 8 years/120,000 miles.

Upvote 0